The Pledge

... by Stephanie






I looked at this picture, The Man wrapped in our Flag and thought to myself, not only is he a beautiful man with a beautiful giving heart, he loves his country and isn’t afraid to show it or speak his mind about it.

I know this isn’t a sexy little fic, but I thought I would share this anyway. Enjoy!

I pledge allegiance to this man and his band
in the United Arena of Rock & Roll
and to the music for which they stand,
a union forged with word and song
the bond they share to forever stay strong.
I am proud to say I listen and sing,
not a note in tune, this I confess
but I lift my voice with you and all the rest
Undivided we stand, our love for this band
to forever remain true.

9 comments:

T said...

Very nice, Stephanie, thanks for sharing that one...it's definetly something we can all pledge to!

~T

The Goddess Hathor said...

I agree with T; very nice.

To paraphrase The Man "in a world that gives you nothing, we need something to believe in".

His (and their) generosity, philanthropy, and talent makes him (them) that 'something'.

I pledge along with you, sister!

Anonymous said...

I almost feeling like shouting a great big "AMEN!" That was great Stephanie!

jonsguttergirl said...

I love this lil pledge and how perfect it is and its not creepy stalkerish pledge like someone posted on bonjovi.com once lol Great job

Starr said...

Did you write that Stephanie? That was beautiful and I agree with T and Hathor!

Anonymous said...

The first Quick Pic for Sept.

What better way to start the month than with this pledge!

Queenie said...

Glad you all liked that. I was looking at that pic, and after wiping the drool off my chin got inspired.

To answer your question Starr, yes I wrote that. Took a liberty or two with the Pledge of Allegience, but yeah, it's mine.

Starr said...

WOW! You are SO creative and talented!

You just wrote the words that every fan can relate to!

I wished the boys could see it! You should post it on a public message board such as Topix. I would... :)

Anonymous said...

oh wow Stephanie!!! I agree with the other's! its something we can all relate to. Thanks for sharing it with us! I love all of your girls work, keep them coming.

Heather